From: "LaMontagne, Bob" <RLAMONT@providence.edu>
Sent: Sunday, January 17, 2010 5:22 PM
To: "Forum for Physics Educators" <phys-l@carnot.physics.buffalo.edu>
Subject: Re: [Phys-l] T dS versus dQ

If the energy input is well defined, isn't the final equilibrium increase in the temperature of the gas well defined? After waves have dissipated, there doesn't seem to be any other way for the energy input, mgh, to manifest itself - leaving S = k lnT the same.

Bob at PC
I know you are all being patient with me, but I really am trying to get to that "aha" moment where it all comes together.