From: phys-l-bounces@carnot.physics.buffalo.edu [phys-l-bounces@carnot.physics.buffalo.edu] On Behalf Of John Denker [jsd@av8n.com]
Sent: Sunday, January 17, 2010 12:20 PM
To: Forum for Physics Educators
Subject: Re: [Phys-l] T dS versus dQ

On 01/17/2010 09:44 AM, LaMontagne, Bob wrote:
... follows the same P-V adiabatic curve
during the oscillation as it does in the slow adiabat (neglecting for
the moment the sound wave, etc., points that have been raised on this
thread).

In other words, fast is the same as slow (if we neglect for
a moment the difference between fast and slow).

This «moment» has gone on far too long.

"Other than that, Mrs. Lincoln, how did you enjoy the play?"

There are some things that ought not to be neglected.