Re: [Phys-l] Another computer advance?

I found this:

http://www.knowledgecontext.org/

bc reminded of Burke's "Knowledge Web".

OK, but the first thing I always look for are papers or information
detailing how they tested to see if they actually got results.
Score: F NO details
The I look at the list of contributors to see if any seem to have any
credentials in the education research line:
Score: F
They had the usual list or random people all of whom have impressive
credentials, but not in the sort of research which counts.

So it may work, but I suspect that it is only marginally better than the
usual sorts of things.

It is easy to do handwaving like saying it is "classroom tested", but what
were the results? Be specific and at least quote gain figures or effect
sizes. So it is basically the usual advertising by trying to impress the
reader with the usual phrases and list of impressive people.

John M. Clement
Houston, TX