Re: [Phys-l] T dS versus dQ

Bob LaMontagne wrote:

I did not claim that the initial and final temperatures were the same. My claim was that the final temperatures would be the same if the process proposed would be done quickly or slowly.

Okay; apologies. I see that I did misinterpret your meaning as I had originally speculated. Nevertheless, this is still wrong. The amount of work done--and, thus, the final energy, temperature, pressure, and entropy as well--depends on the details of how the piston is moved. This is not an isentropic process.

John Mallinckrodt
Cal Poly Pomona