From: phys-l-bounces@carnot.physics.buffalo.edu [mailto:phys-l-
bounces@carnot.physics.buffalo.edu] On Behalf Of John Denker
Sent: Saturday, January 09, 2010 9:00 PM
To: Forum for Physics Educators
Subject: [Phys-l] thermodynamics assessment

Hi --

Here is a short, simple quiz:
http://www.av8n.com/physics/thermo-quiz.htm

It consists of a few true/false questions, covering
things that students might learn in a standard thermo
course.

You will quickly discover that this does not have much
direct value as a classroom quiz ... but you may find
it amusing and/or indirectly useful.

This should not be too closely linked to my previous
"amusing" math quiz; this one is amusing in a different
way. It is also much easier to grade.