From: "Robert Yeend" <ryeend@sbcglobal.net>
Sent: Tuesday, January 05, 2010 3:16 PM
To: "Forum for Physics Educators" <phys-l@carnot.physics.buffalo.edu>
Cc: "Nancy Seese" <nancyseese@redshift.com>
Subject: [Phys-l] Hybrid mileage

A colleague asked me why it is that she consistently gets 6-8 mpg
less in the winter than summer with her Prius Hybrid. Her mechanic
said that that was "normal," but gave no explanation. Nor can I. She
said that she uses the heater in the winter about as much as the air
conditioner in the summer.

Ideas?

Bob Yeend