Re: [Phys-l] A geek's observations on "Avatar"

A US Dr. friend told me in France kids are even encouraged to play out in the yard and try out (put in mouth) what ever interested them for the reason cited below. A friend noted I was rather lax about where my fud had been and surmised it kept up my antibodies (ca. 1975). Since the H1N1 hype, I've become obsessive about public door knobs, behaviour that was considered by the MMPPI as "sick" in the fifties. I noted once to my PCP that there wasn't much point in washing hands it a hand was used after to shut off the tap, he agreed. I read (ophthalmic nurses hand book, ca. 1980) the technique is to use the PT if not foot operated. To my surprise one nearby restaurant so instructs in the state mandated plaque to wash after.

bc thinks we've evolved OT and subject. And survived w/ o revenge seven months south of the border (about six countries), but not in Africa (spent two days in the London Tropical Medicine Hospital immediately after arriving from Kenya), and sick twice in Asia (Calcutta and Hong Kong)

p.s. My French father tole me before a "serious" course of antibiotics the meds collect ones shit and feed it afterward (in a capsule) to restore ones bacterial flora. I wonder if this is true, as I think the stomach acid is a bactericide. (This likely from the 30's, just before he emigrated.)

p.p.s. The 5s rule was the subject of a submission to the local science fair (2007) -- being busy grading my assignments I didn't study it beyond noticing the "girl" had used Agar petri to test the contamination vs. various contact times.