Re: [Phys-l] Understanding the physics lab

The intro. labs. described earlier contrast markedly w/ the intermediate and adv'd labs. to which I'm accustomed. The apps. are kept set up for weeks and the sessions can be many hours. It's unfortunate that this is impossible in the society where there are hundreds in the class and the same space is used by more than one class. The only detail I can add to JD's idealization, and easily done, is to plot the data (usually appropriate) as taken. The reasons are obvious.

bc