Re: [Phys-l] A geek's observations on "Avatar"

... the polarization is not in the vertical plane so they will not serve to reduce glare the way that traditional polarized sunglasses do.

An effort to prevent pilfering?

Not from us physicists!

bc, who didn't steal from Disney, as he asked the "girl" w/ the collection box for the one he used as a donation to bc's physics.

p.s. I may go for the effect, not the dialog. I have not been to a show for several years due to now 70 dB hearing loss. We have here in the boondocks** an IMAX, as Cannery Row is a tourist trap.