Re: [Phys-l] A geek's observations on "Avatar"

At first I wondered why circular? Perhaps, so tilting head doesn't affect the 3D and if the screen is tall / wide also?

When I Disneylanded, I kept the glasses to use w/ my 3D projector (father's, and grandfather's glass slides from, ca 1903 to 1935). They are simple linear polarizers. I'm also surprised broad spectrum circular polarizers can be made cheaply. Are they not 1/4 wave plates w/ a lin. polarizer?