[Phys-l] Microwave door. Was: Re: About the "why" and "how" questions.

What toxic output?

I'm quite disappointed -- except for e. feed thrus, all the magnetrons I've seen are metal. What a shame; your chance to add experimental physicist to you personality and your "friend" "blew it".

bc does have a magnetron w/ ceramic containing Be. Unlikely in a domestic one.

p.s. Was the door glass?