Re: [Phys-l] About the "why" and "how questins."

From your link: “Given the controversy over the veracity of climate change data,” Sammon wrote, “we should refrain from asserting that the planet has warmed (or cooled) in any given period without IMMEDIATELY pointing out that such theories are based upon data that critics have called into question. It is not our place as journalists to assert such notions as facts, especially as this debate intensifies.”

There is a big difference between stating that no MENTION be made of climate change effects without the disclaimer (your words), and stating that one should refrain from ASSERTING that the planet has warmed or cooled without the disclaimer.

Seems to me they're just being careful about making assertions.

Bill