Re: [Phys-l] Decoherence in Quantum Mechanics

As I understand it, in Formal Logic, a circular argument is not ipso facto, invalid.

I quote: "First of all, not all circular reasoning is fallacious.
Suppose, for instance, that we argue that a number of propositions,
*p*_1 , *p*_2 ,..., *p*_n are equivalent by arguing as follows
(where "*p* => *q*" means that *p* implies *q*):

Then we have clearly argued in a circle, but this is a standard form of argument in mathematics to show that a set of propositions are all equivalent to each other. So, when is it fallacious to argue in a circle?..."

[found here]

http://www.fallacyfiles.org/begquest.html

Brian W