Re: [Phys-l] The political/scientific connection

In a message dated 12/11/2010 1:37:20 PM Eastern Standard Time,
clement@hal-pc.org writes:

Go to:
http://www.slate.com/id/2277104?wpisrc=xs_wp_0001

This explores the politics-science connection. It supports my contention
that one party is aligned with anti-science factions. Their solution is
start encouraging Republican students to study science. A "Young
Republicans for Science" club? Or do scientists become Democrats after
studying science and math? Or have scientists been driven away from one
party?

The reason for this is not clear, and might make a good sociology paper.

In either case "practicing scientists" are such a small fraction of the
population that they have little effect on politics except as they speak
out
to influence policy. Their voting strength is nil. Pickle packers may
have
more voting strength.

John M. Clement
Houston, TX

This has happened because the GOP decided to court religious
fundamentalists who generally favor right wing views. The Democrats then became the
"god-less party which quickly caused the Democrats to find Jesus. Seeing this
as a threat they convinced the fundies that the Democrats has really found
Allah instead, i.e.Obama is a Muslim and associating concern for the poor by
government as anti Christian. My own personal preference is that both
wings of the property party should be god-less. I think we would all be better
off.

Bob Zannelli