Re: [Phys-l] waves on a string

On 12/09/2010 12:04 PM, Jeffrey Schnick wrote:

Could you specify two of the equations that don't pass the dimensional
analysis test. I didn't check them all when I read the article but the
ones I did check passed the test.

Consider the un-numbered multi-step equation near the bottom of
page L75: The LHS looks like an energy. As we move from step
to step, we lose a factor of τ and then lose a factor of dx.
The RHS doesn't have units of energy *and* doesn't scale like
dx the way it should.