Re: [Phys-l] FW: The "why" questions

You are not confused; I am, very.

My visualization was incorrect and vitiated what I shoulda remembered from intro. physics 55 years ago.

bc needs to go back to school.

On 2010, Dec 07, , at 13:58, LaMontagne, Bob wrote:

I'm hopelessly confused. Are you saying that you are using the moving (accelerating?) point of application of the force as your reference point for the position of the CM?

If you use a stationary frame of reference a(cm) = F/m throughout the application of F. What would be the insight gained by using an accelerating origin?

Bob at PC