Re: [Phys-l] A relativity/thermodynamics "dilemma"

But when you say the shell and the planet are at the same
temperature, how do you measure this?

I agree that this the the crux. As with all relativity "dilemmas", the problem disappears when you look at things from the correct perspective. I was trying highlight the "dilemma" nature of the problem by being a little fast-and-loose with the wording of the problem. I *think* in the discussion that followed I got to the crux of the dilemma more or less correctly.