Re: [Phys-l] The "why" questions

How extended is an extended mass? For something bigger than a two atom molecule, I assert that an
f(t) applied to it and the a(t) are NOT symmetrical. They are not coincidental in time nor shape.
In other words, the idea that f = ma is OK for non-experts and teachers,
to paraphrase another contributor ...but only represents a first order relation.

:-)

Brian W