From: phys-l-bounces@carnot.physics.buffalo.edu [mailto:phys-l-
bounces@carnot.physics.buffalo.edu] On Behalf Of Spinozalens@aol.com
Sent: Wednesday, December 01, 2010 8:25 AM
To: phys-l@carnot.physics.buffalo.edu
Subject: [Phys-l] Update on CERN (LHC)

Due to the accident a while back CERN's LHC will operate at reduced beam
energy until the end of 2011. The accelerator will be then be shutdown for a
major refurbishment to correct the design error that allowed the massive
damage to sections of the super conducting magnets. This will take twelve to
eighteen months. Based on this we should not expect to see signs of SUSY
or the Higgs until 2015 at the earliest.

Bob Zannelli