Re: [Phys-l] The "why" questions

John Denker <jsd@av8n.com> wrote:

Absolutely not. As functions of time, F(t) = ma(t). It is the
same t. The law of motion insists that there is no temporal sequence.

We do not have any point masses in the universe. For a body of
finite dimensions, it is the elastic properties that communicate
the force applied at one end to the other end. There is a time gap.

I think all of us agree that force and acceleration are two different
concepts independent of each other.The question is, "What is the
relationship between them?"

Our knowledge of the world including that of physics is through the sensory
interactions our consciousness with the external world. The analysis
of this experience leads us to the cause and effect relationship.
There is no way we can eliminate our consciousness and our
memories and their analysis and retain physics.
For a person who has no sensory interaction with the external world,
leave alone physics, there is no world.

regards,
Sarma.