Re: [Phys-l] Historical trivium

Many busy intersections here in Calif. have signs: Do not block intersections, and some have painted on the road, keep clear.

It's an infraction!

http://www.dmv.ca.gov/pubs/vctop/d11/vc22526.htm

note: A CHP officer told me, entering an intersection on a yellow, but not leaving before the red, leaves one liable for the infraction failure to yield the right of way.

bc shocked by NJ drivers

p.s. In Freemont, CA, the road entrance/exit of a larger 'bile dealer, very near a major controlled intersection, is painted keep clear. More than half the time I notice it's observed.