Re: [Phys-l] Heat transfer lab

On 11/19/2010 4:36 PM, Edmiston, Mike wrote:
/snip/I remember my grandfather saying, "That radiator vent needs replaced."
/snip/
Michael D. Edmiston, Ph.D.

I notice this past participle construction in the local vernacular too (SW Oklahoma).
I find it charming - moreover, 'needs [to be] replaced', has more force than
'needs replacing', which is weaker [to my ear].

I can also share that the descriptions allow me to visualize the
single steam pipe system with some clarity. Thanks!

Brian W