Re: [Phys-l] How can we make people fall in love with systems ideas?

Some subscribers to Phys-L and Physoc might be interested in a post "Re: How can we make people fall in love with systems ideas?" [Hake (2010)]. The abstract reads:

***********************************
ABSTRACT: Bob Williams of the Eval-Sys list asked: "How can we make people [concerned with evaluation] fall in love with systems ideas?" More generally how can we make people in fields such as Ecology, Economics, Education, Engineering, and Physics fall in love with systems ideas? For a dilettante's attempt to introduce neophytes to "Systems Thinking" see "Over Two-Hundred Annotated References on Systems Thinking" [Hake (2010)] at <http://bit.ly/9gZdXU>.
***********************************

To access the complete 9 kB post please click on <http://bit.ly/9xg49D> .

Honorary Member, Curmudgeon Lodge of Deventer, The Netherlands
President, PEdants for Definitive Academic References which Recognize the
Invention of the Internet (PEDARRII)
rrhake@earthlink.net
http://www.physics.indiana.edu/~hake
http://www.physics.indiana.edu/~sdi
http://HakesEdStuff.blogspot.com
http://iub.academia.edu/RichardHake

"The global society, and particularly the US, is like a small boatload of people about to enter a long stretch of white water and rapids. For the foreseeable future we will be totally preoccupied with immediate problems and far too distracted to develop and implement a rational long term plan. Eventually, after climate change, fossil fuel depletion, and several other manifestations of the growth limits have produced some new sort of semi stable state, with a MUCH lower population and material standard of living, our species will hopefully be able to start identifying, choosing, and pursuing its longer term options. I do not expect to be alive when that time comes."
Dennis Meadows, private communication of 17 November
2009 to R.R. Hake, quoted by permission.

REFERENCES [URL shortened by <http://bit.ly/> and accessed on 16 November 2010.]

Hake, R.R. 2010. "Re: How can we make people fall in love with systems ideas?" online on the OPEN AERA-L archives at <http://bit.ly/9xg49D>. Post of 16 Nov 2010 09:38:10-0800 to AERA-L, Eval-Sys, & Net-Gold. The abstract and link to the complete post are being transmitted to various discussion lists and are online on my blog "Hake'sEdStuff" at <http://bit.ly/du4MJL>.