Re: [Phys-l] Teaching elementary astronomy topics

Better, IMAO, is to use, in a darkened room, a candle** and an orange. Use a kabob stick for the poles (easy to twirl and tilt). Works very well!

** does a lens removed mini-maglite work here?

bc last used when subbing at a middle school, and thinks the govt. should supply every (appropriate) classroom w/ an, ~ to scale, Orrery; a point source light at the sun.