Re: [Phys-l] The Perils of American Stupidity

I think it is our "mass" culture. Europe has more of a class structure wherein the "educated" have more access to the media, etc. However, this has changed and continues. When I lived in England (late 60's) everyone i heard (TV, press, acquaintances, et alii) were very articulate and knowledgeable. I was surprised. I realize now that was because they all were students or graduates. Now I hear the less articulate on the BBC. So I think what we notice is the increased access of the "unwashed" to the media and the much greater access to education.

bc winders what V. K. would find from a present visit to Europe and S. America.