Re: [Phys-l] The Perils of American Stupidity

I repeat: this
country has seen anti-intellectual eras before, but it remains to be
seen what will become of any progress we have made on fronts such as gay
rights, stem-cell research, teaching of evolution, and others.

For an interesting related read: This book was originally written in the early 1960's I believe; It's a 1964 pulitzer prize winner in non-fiction category

http://www.amazon.com/Anti-Intellectualism-American-Life-Ric
hard-Hofstadter/dp/0394703170/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid
=1289400189&sr=1-1

TinyURL below

http://preview.tinyurl.com/2exuyo6