Re: [Phys-l] Solving American ______________

I hope to get to see Glacier National Park before the the glaciers are gone.
(Or is all this melting stuff just political hoopla??)

At 9:41 PM -0800 11/9/10, John Mallinckrodt wrote:
On Nov 9, 2010, at 7:41 PM, marx@phy.ilstu.edu wrote:

... if people were shown the evidence for global warming and not just told to accept it because lots of scientists
claim its happening, then people might be persuaded.

Right. Why is it that climate scientists absolutely refuse to reveal the evidence (about current and historic CO2 levels, about the temperature record, about the infrared absorption bands of H20, CO2,and methane, about satellite observations of reduced upward radiation in those bands, about arctic ice coverage, about positive CO2 feedback mechanisms from thawing permafrost, about the effects of increasing albedo, etc.) with the rest of us? Why is it that we are told to just shut up and accept it? Really makes you wonder about motives, doesn't it?

John Mallinckrodt
Cal Poly Pomona