Re: [Phys-l] definitions ... purely operational, or not

Fine. I believe we agree. The only way for people to truly understand a difference is to see rather than ignore the difference. In using the phrase "there is no such thing as deceleration," I don't claim it doesn't exist. "There is no such thing as deceleration for our purposes here" is the message I convey.

Bill

William C. Robertson, Ph.D.
Bill Robertson Science, Inc.
Stop Faking It! Finally Understanding Science So You Can Teach It.
wrobert9@ix.netcom.com
1340 Telemark Drive
Woodland Park, CO 80863
719-686-1609