Re: [Phys-l] A Crude Attempt at Analysis

At 3:23 PM -0400 11/5/10, Josh Gates wrote:
_____
From: Chuck Britton [mailto:cvbritton@embarqmail.com]

It seems to me (naively) that we better come up with exACTLY the same
total force when we integrate force around all SIX sides of this
mathematical volume as we did the first time.
That only follows if the behavior of the cube is the same as before - that it floats or sinks or stays with the same accel. as before. If it stays on the bottom now instead of accelerating upward, then I don't agree.

It's a mathematical construct. It doesn't beHAVE in any way except as the axioms and postulates of whatever maths you are using calls for.