Re: [Phys-l] buoyancy on a submerged pole

At 4:38 PM -0700 11/3/10, curtis osterhoudt wrote:
But *what* removed the buoyant force? I think there wasn't one to start with,
personally.

Do you agree that the flat bottom flexes differently when the box is glued to it than when there is no box glued to it?

If you don't accept this effect then you're right - there is/was no buoyant force.

I'm claiming (personally) that an experiment will show an upward force acting on the bottom of the aquarium when the box is glued to it.

Let the measurements begin?!?!?!