Re: [Phys-l] spectra

SOME sizes of Hg batteries are still available and there are some adapters that let a slightly smaller cell fill a larger holder.
My wife has a TLR camera that uses a discontinued Hg cell in its light meter (dependent on precise voltage - as you say) and there are some hacks on-line to allow even Zn-air cells to be used.

There may be a Zn-air cell that fits your watch. The voltage is a decent match.

We used to 'shine' silver dimes with the Hg from a broken thermometer etc.