Re: [Phys-l] Starlight

I remember reading somewhere that this was a question Einstein wondered about as a teenager. If Maxwell says an em wave keeps itself in existence (after leaving its source) by having its oscillating magnetic field induce an oscillating electric field and its oscillating electric field induce an oscillating magnetic field, how can this be if you move with the em wave and see the fields as constant?
That's the sort of thing Einstein was thinking about as a teenager. I was thinking about girls and sports-one of the many reasons I am no Einstein.
Tom Sandin