Re: [Phys-l] Prof. Hal Lewis resigns from APS

Spencer's data appear to me to show a definite upward trend. But I am going to choose to follow your smear on the data because it is on a website of someone who occasionally appears on the Rush Limbaugh show. I will totally disbelieve the data and its implications. I will now believe that there is a clear downward trend in the temperatures despite what I see with my own lying eyes.

Bob at PC

-----Original Message-----
From: phys-l-bounces@carnot.physics.buffalo.edu [mailto:phys-l-
bounces@carnot.physics.buffalo.edu] On Behalf Of brian whatcott
Sent: Wednesday, October 13, 2010 1:15 PM
To: phys-l@carnot.physics.buffalo.edu
Subject: Re: [Phys-l] Prof. Hal Lewis resigns from APS

On 10/13/2010 11:56 AM, marx@phy.ilstu.edu wrote:
/snip/
Since the land and sea temperature data is very inaccurate and the
historical measurement record is
somewhat incomplete and unreliable, we are left with the satellite
temperature measurements since
1979. These are updated monthly from UAH. Please see this website
for this data. Are you saying
that the continuous increase in CO2 correlates well with the
observed global temperature changes
observed?

http://www.drroyspencer.com/latest-global-temperatures/

Ah yes; there's an academic name to conjure with: A featured guest on
the Rush Limbaugh show.
Spencer is a proponent of intelligent design as the mechanism for the
origin of species.^
He is an author of at least two scientific textbooks which feature the
word "politics" I believe.

Brian W