Re: [Phys-l] gigo

Rick,

You and I are in nearly complete agreement on your statement below.

Having economies that can support the development of alternatives and the building of the required
infrastructure requires the continued use of fossil fuels. Otherwise, we'll never get there. It will take a
long time. We must develop an "all of the above" approach that includes fossil fuels, solar, wind,
geothermal, nuclear (must solve waste problems), biomass, etc., gradually replacing the fossil fuels
with adequte alternatives in a way that sustains and expands quality of life for everyone. Many of our
alternatives relate to production of electricity, but we need the development of fuels for transportation in
adequate quantities to meet demand. We do not have that at present.

David