Re: [Phys-l] Clarification: A ball at the center of a planet

I see merit in Brian's question: as I note (again and again); ignoring
radioactive heating (which occurs in most conceivable planetary bodies,)
leads one to Thomsonian error.
So the radiative heating would have its affect on the rubber ball,
after some equilibrating time period.
Rubber has the curious property of contracting when heated
which would be the dominating effect in this situation.

Unless it were spinning, I suppose? :-)

Brian W

***