Re: [Phys-l] Isotope shortage. Was: Re: Fwd: NSF NanoTeach Pilot Test - Jan 8 Deadline

Plutonium is not a welcome house guest. But it takes Plutonium 238
to power a space probe at the outer planets where solar won't cut it. And the American public stockpile and the Russian one apparently,
are running out. NASA is bereft.

Brian W

Bernard Cleyet wrote:
IIRC, this is prompted by the coming shut down of a research reactor that supplies a large portion of the medical isotopes.
/snip/