Re: [Phys-l] FCI (Force Concept Inventory) & MBT available in many languages

These are clearly preinstruction results. Moreover, the item analysis strongly suggests that these students have had no previous instruction at any level in the physics concept of "force." The low scoring items are "identify the force" type questions while all of the high scoring items are "what would the object do (in the absence of any net force other than gravity)" questions. Untutored students have at least some useful experience in the latter case.

So the good news is that you should be able to look for a large normalized gain on the post-test!

John Mallinckrodt
Cal Poly Pomona