Re: [Phys-l] transformer question

I couldn't find, in my accessible library**, a text that gives that eq. W/O the "caveat" ideal in some form.

e.g. "Equation 22.28 assumes an ideal transformer [i. t. bold] , ....." {p. 531 Serway and F. 1985}

One even gave methods to reduce eddy current and hysteresis loss in the ferromagnetic core of common transformers, à la B. W.

I was brought up by Mr Harnwell who devotes ~ 13 densely written pages to the subject, Including the advantages of core vs. shell types, etc.

** Serway ... ; Sears and Zemansky, 1957; Sears 1947; Halliday, Resnick, and Walker 2003; Eisberg and Lerner.

bc thinks J. D. was brought up by Harnwell or similar author.