From: Marty Weiss <martweiss@comcast.net>
To: Phys-l (physics educators' list Physics Educators <phys-l@carnot.physics.buffalo.edu>; Sharing resources for high school physics <PHYSHARE@lists.psu.edu>; Chemistry Education Discussion List <CHEMED-L@MAILER.UWF.EDU>
Sent: Sunday, August 9, 2009 1:39:28 PM
Subject: [Phys-l] ignition point of paper: 451 deg... is it F or C ?

Hi,
Sorry for the cross posting... i just wasn't sure if this was a chem
or a physics question, probably either one..
Anyway.... on NPR they were interviewing a book critic who was talking
about Bradbury's "Fahrenheit 451". He said it really should have been
"Celsius 451" but bradbury liked the former name better. So, I
Googled it and different sources (corporate, Wikipedia, and various
chemical and physical reference sources) gave different answers...
some gave Fahrenheit 451 AND some gave Celsius 451 for the ignition
point of paper. Now, I'm totally confused. So, which is it?

Thanks.

Marty