Re: [Phys-l] Temp & Energy density

I have a bit of a grasp of some of these issues (I must admit I need to study entropy quite a bit more). I understand that the situation is very contrived and less than likely. Regardless, there appears to be a difference btn what would happen through the lack of work done to gas particles (no temp change) and the increase in temp due to increased energy density.

If the piston is pushed down when Not incontact with any gasses, then no work, but a larger energy density.
No work implies no change in temp.
Larger energy density implies increase in temp.

Are there any assumptions for energy density relating to temp?

Sent from my iPod so I can blame Apple for my typos.

Paul Lulai
St. Anthony Village Senior High
Http://prettygoodphysics.wikispaces.com
US First RoboHuskie Team 2574