From: Scott Little <little@earthtech.org>
Date: June 26, 2009 1:24:05 AM EDT
To: CMNS group <cmns@googlegroups.com>
Subject: CMNS: Schrodinger pressure

Ed,

As it turns out, not many references describe Schrodinger pressure...but I found one that does. It is "Quantum Mechanics" by Jean-Louis Basdevant, Jean Dalibard, and Manuel Joffre. Here is the salient excerpt (copied from a Google Book search):

Please note the opening sentence, "....how the uncertainty relations lead to...etc". Basdevant's equation 19.1 is the very same equation I have for the kinetic energy of the electron in the H atom (their "xi" is my "r"). It's the 4th equation in my simple-minded presentation (repeated below for convenience):

\\\

Ed, I trust you will now at least accept that QM tells us that the ground state of the H atom is the lowest possible energy state for one electron and one proton.

OK?

Ludwik Kowalski, a retired physics teacher and an amateur journalist. Updated links to publications and reviews are at:

http://csam.montclair.edu/~kowalski/cf/ http://csam.montclair.edu/~kowalski/my_opeds.html http://csam.montclair.edu/~kowalski/revcom.html

Also an ESSAY ON ECONOMICS at: http://csam.montclair.edu/~kowalski/economy/essay9.html