Re: [Phys-l] Is skin efffect a factor?

On 06/05/2009 02:20 PM, chuck britton wrote:
So if I wiggle magnet up and down at NINE Hz - then 1/2 inch will do
as well.

On Jun 5, 2009, at Jun 5(Fri) 12:55 , Bernard Cleyet wrote:

A typical back EMF demo is to drop a magnet on to a conducting
plate. One inch thick Cu cooled w/ LN2 is usual. I wonder; will
1/2 inch thick work as well and, if so, because of skin effect?

I would have said 12 Hz.

If the lengths are scaled by a factor of 2, the times are scaled
by a factor of 4.