Re: [Phys-l] Looking for a project

On Jun 4, 2009, at 12:54 PM, ludwik kowalski wrote:

A web page for the expected cooperative project has been created at

http://csam.montclair.edu/~kowalski/cf/368project.html

This is probably better than bothering everyone with long postings on
this list. Please visit, if you are interested.

Two people made tentative commitment today. Hoping for more commitments I will wait several more days. Then I will estimate the cost per person. My rough guess is $40 per person, if ten people make definite commitments. I will probably know about the most costly item, a sheet of CR-39, which I would order, cut, and send sections to individual participants. Meanwhile look chemicals, for example two grams of Li2SOH and 130 grams of NaOH that you can probably get from your chemistry lab. Also for short pieces of Ni and Pt wires. Think about what to use to make a cell. A student-oriented project can probably obtain some financial support from your administrator.

P.S.
Perhaps your colleagues, who are not on this list, will be willing to participate in this cooperative project. Ask them to send me a message.

Thanks in advance,
Ludwik Kowalski, a retired physics teacher and an amateur journalist. Updated links to publications and reviews are at:

http://csam.montclair.edu/~kowalski/cf/ http://csam.montclair.edu/~kowalski/my_opeds.html http://csam.montclair.edu/~kowalski/revcom.html

Also an ESSAY ON ECONOMICS at: http://csam.montclair.edu/~kowalski/economy/essay9.html