[Phys-l] Climate 2030: A National Blueprint for a Clean Energy Economy

The Union of Concerned Scientists (UCS) <http://www.ucsusa.org/>, recently released "Climate 2030: A National Blueprint for a Clean Energy Economy." A Press Release and the Executive Summary may be downloaded at that site.

According to the Press Release "U.S. Can Curb Global Warming and Lower Energy Costs with Carbon Cap and Smart Energy, Transportation Policies, New Study Finds" at
<http://www.ucsusa.org/news/press_release/us-can-curb-global-warming-0242.html> [bracketed by lines "UCS-UCS-UCS-. . . . . . ."]:

UCS-UCS-UCS-UCS-UCS-UCS-UCS-UCS-UCS
With the right policies in place, the United States could dramatically cut the heat-trapping emissions that cause global warming and, at the same time, lower energy costs in every region of the country, according to the findings of a two-year, peer-reviewed study by the Union of Concerned Scientists (UCS).

"We can protect the environment and Americans' pocketbooks by adopting the right policies," said UCS President Kevin Knobloch. "Our analysis shows we have the technology and the know-how to do this. What we now need is the political will."

"Climate 2030: A National Blueprint for a Clean Energy Economy," which used a modified version of the Department of Energy's National Energy Modeling System, concluded that the United States could meet an emissions-reduction cap of 26 percent below 2005 levels by 2020 and 56 percent below 2005 levels by 2030. The average U.S. household would realize net savings of $300 in 2020 and $900 in 2030, while businesses collectively would see net savings of $35 billion in 2020 and nearly $130 billion in 2030. Collectively, households and businesses would see net savings of $255 billion in 2030."
UCS-UCS-UCS-UCS-UCS-UCS-UCS-UCS-UCS

Any comments?

24245 Hatteras Street, Woodland Hills, CA 91367
Honorary Member, Curmudgeon Lodge of Deventer, The Netherlands.
<rrhake@earthlink.net>
<http://www.physics.indiana.edu/~hake/>
<http://www.physics.indiana.edu/~sdi/>
<http://HakesEdStuff.blogspot.com/>