Re: [Phys-l] paint your roof?

I'm more concerned about the heating portion of this--in our climate MUCH
more energy goes into heating than cooling and if anything your 'subjective
data' might support black for heating purposes. (I spend about $100
annually running the central air but can run a $200 natural gas bill during
December and January.) If white is only a small benefit--or of no
benefit--for the heating season, it won't sell in my neck of the woods!

Rick

Richard W. Tarara
Professor of Physics
Department of Chemistry & Physics
Saint Mary's College
Notre Dame, IN 46556

----- Original Message ----- From: "Brian Whatcott" <betwys1@sbcglobal.net>

In this sub-tropical climate, subjective data on identical objects in
identical places
with white or black rooves is easier to come by, if one concentrates on
cars.
White is favored, but some of us get along with black on other grounds....

Brian W

Richard Tarara wrote:
Has anyone come across any relevant experimental data here?