Re: [Phys-l] paint your roof?

We've been thru this before:

My, reported previously, hot tub cover frosts while the deck is only dewed and that's with still warm water below!

The side of my 'bile toward the brick wall is dry while the side toward the grass and the neighbor's grass and the roof are dewed.

All this would be clear if they'd read as a child george Gamow's books wherein one he relates the Arabs froze water in the desert overnight by insulating the container.

radiative
coupling to something like the 2 pi steradians that aren't open
"sky."

I think the principle of the dew shield. [Restricts from 2 Pi to 3.5 Pi+ not open to the sky.]

bc read them all he thinks.

p.s. I've instructed Gate Keeper Seese on this with his handy dandy IR thermometer pointed at the clear sky away from the sun and at night.