Re: [Phys-l] paint your roof?

Yes I forgot to notice that the plastic coating is likely low in thermal inertia.

The plastic is likely also rather specular at 10 microns (the max. for about room temp.) One could check this w/ an integrating thermometer -- stick a thermometer in the hole in an Al block roughened and black anodized. Hold it a various angles WRT the normal, etc.

bc

BTW the membrane is a membrane, i.e. not thick ---

Available in seamless 6'-, 8'-, 10'-, and 12'-widths, with both 4'- and 6'-
wide perimeter sheets, Sure-Weld is offered in 45- and 60-mil standard,
and 72- and 80-mil extra thicknesses. Membranes are manufactured in
standard white, gray and tan. Special colors are available upon request.