Re: [Phys-l] Star Trek

Tim.Odonnell@CelinaSchools.org wrote:
I watch the new Star Trek movie this weekend. My question is about the scene were Kirk and Sulu were teleported just as they were about to hit the ground at what I'd guess would be terminal velocity (no papachute). Would not the momentum transfer through the teleport?
Tim O'Donnell
Celina High School
odonnt@celina.k12.oh.us
In the general case, the designers would need to provide mechanisms for
teleporting between frames in relative motion. One would hope that
Kirk and Sulu could rely on the design integrity, in this respect.

Brian W