Re: [Phys-l] global temperatures

In a message dated 5/1/2009 1:34:05 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
betwys1@sbcglobal.net writes:

Jack's point about "only" falls on sympathetic ears at this end.
I read that 20+ polo ponies deplaned in Georgia (?) from
South America and then within hours, expired one after the other,
in the last week or two.
The US formulators of a therapeutic (??) vitamin and mineral
intravenous dose
had made only a small mistake which provided a lethal dose of
selenium at 3 parts per million dose wt/bodyweight instead of
0.3 ppm or less. Guess how the team vet feels.....

Brian W

)))))))))))))))))))

There is a fair analogy to be had here. Imagine as you drive down the road

you turn the wheel only slightly. Your passenger screams at you, asking
what are you are doing. You reply calmly, I am only turning the wheel
slightly, don't worry just second before you hit the very large and very
unyielding tree.

The carbon loading affects an energy balance which is restored by the
relevant temperatures increasing. We have increased atmosphere carbon by
about
240 gigatons from its initial value of about 560 gigatons in the pre
industrial age. There is no reasonable doubt this what is causing most the
climate
change we are seeing.

Bob Zannelli

web. Get the Radio Toolbar!