Re: [Phys-l] Sun's image due to reflecton by not a pinhole.

At 17:53 -0400 04/30/2009, chuck britton wrote:

This would be for a pin-hole with a 4 inch diameter??

Big pin, but not too big if the scale is appropriate. A movie theatre that we go to frequently has a rather small lobby with the doors to the seating area just opposite to the entrance doors from the outside. When we are there during daylight (usually in the summer), the inside of the theatre acts like a camera obscura, and if someone leaves the doors to the seating area open, one can see (upside down and backwards) images of the cars passing by on the street.

Hugh
--
Hugh Haskell
mailto:hugh@ieer.org

So-called "global warming" is just a secret ploy by wacko tree-huggers to make America energy independent, clean our air and water, improve the fuel efficiency of our vehicles, kick-start 21st-century industries, and make our cities safer. Don't let them get away with it!!

Chip Giller, Founder, Grist.org